Please note you will not receive automatic access to the e-learning course, you will receive an email from us with instructions on how to access the course. We will aim to send this to you within 2 working days.
When applying for the course we will require an individual email address per delegate.
Allergies occur when the body’s immune system reacts to a usually harmless substance as though it is harmful. Why this happens, isn’t clear. However, most sufferers come from families that have a history of allergies, or related problems. Every year, the number of people with allergies is increasing so having an awareness of potential allergens and why they can be harmful is becoming more important, particularly if you work in the service industry.
Allergic reactions can have serious consequences so knowing which substances can cause them and how to avoid cross contamination is vital to anyone working in the food industry.
Our Food Safety level 2 courses go hand in hand with Allergen Awareness as they provide detailed information on food safety and hygiene practices.
- Food Intolerance and Allergens: the Basics
- Food Intolerances – Causes and Symptoms
- Allergies – Causes and Symptoms
- Allergen Facts
- Food Allergens and the Law
- Food Allergens – Practical Steps
- Allergen Information for Consumers
- Internal Monitoring and Review
- External Monitoring and Review