Please note you will not receive automatic access to the e-learning course, you will receive an email from us with instructions on how to access the course. We will aim to send this to you within 2 working days.
When applying for the course we will require an individual email address per delegate.
Course Aim: To provide staff working with children with an understanding of how infections including COVID-19 are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
Course content :
- Infection Prevention and Control of Germs
- Sources of Infection
- Susceptible People
- Common Childhood Infections and Infections In Pregnancy
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Infection Control Risk Assessment
- Covid-19 Risks Assessment – Points To Consider
- What to do if someone has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
- When Should Staff Wash Their Hands?
- Teaching Children To Wash Their Hands Properly
- Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning Facilities and Equipment
- Cleaning Toys and Equipment
- Nappy Changing, Potties and Toilets
- Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
- Managing Waste Safely
- Reporting and Recording Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Assessment and Certification
Learners are assessed through self-checks as they progress through the course and an end of course multiple choice assessment.
On successful completion, learners can download a CPD accredited certificate as evidence for their portfolio of CPD training.
Access: This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Learners can study at their own pace and log in and out as often as they wish
Features: Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features. Allows learners to work at their own pace, testing their knowledge as they progress through the course