Please note you will not receive automatic access to the e-learning course, you will receive an email from us with instructions on how to access the course. We will aim to send this to you within 2 working days.
When applying for the course we will require an individual email address per delegate.
Course Aim: To provide staff working with children with an understanding of how infections including COVID-19 are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
Course content :
- Infection Prevention and Control of Germs
- Sources of Infection
- Susceptible People
- Common Childhood Infections and Infections In Pregnancy
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Infection Control Risk Assessment
- Covid-19 Risks Assessment – Points To Consider
- What to do if someone has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
- When Should Staff Wash Their Hands?
- Teaching Children To Wash Their Hands Properly
- Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning Facilities and Equipment
- Cleaning Toys and Equipment
- Nappy Changing, Potties and Toilets
- Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
- Managing Waste Safely
- Reporting and Recording Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Assessment and Certification
Learners are assessed through self-checks as they progress through the course and an end of course multiple choice assessment.
On successful completion, learners can download a CPD accredited certificate as evidence for their portfolio of CPD training.
Access: This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Learners can study at their own pace and log in and out as often as they wish
Features: Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features. Allows learners to work at their own pace, testing their knowledge as they progress through the course
There are no reviews yet.